EXEMPTION INFORMATION PAGE
All exemptions for each Roll Year are due to the Assessor’s Office by March 1.
Exemptions that need to be renewed each year include the following:
- Agricultural Assessment Exemption: RP-305 (new Ag exemptions), RP-305-R (renewals)
- Disability Exemption:RP-459-c (new applicants), RP-459-C-Rnw (renewals)
- Senior Exemption: RP-467 (new applicants), RP-467-Rnw (for renewals)
- Non Profit Exemptions: See this Page of the Assessor’s Manual for details and a list of necessary forms for new applicants and for renewals.
- Forest exemptions
For exemption renewals, homeowners will generally be mailed or emailed a renewal form between the end of October and the middle of December. If you do not receive a form by the end of December, please contact the Assessor’s office to check the status of your exemption.
- New property owners must sign up for the STAR program online. This is now a tax credit rather than an exemption. A check is mailed to the property owner rather than the tax being lowered on the bill. See this page to read more about or register for the STAR credit: STAR
- Property owners who have an existing STAR exemption and turn 65 may sign up for the Enhanced STAR exemption through the assessor’s office. Please contact the office for more details.
- Property owners who have the STAR exemption are given the option to switch to receiving the STAR credit and owners whose income is between $250,000 and $500,000 will be moved over to the STAR credit program. For more details, see this page: Link.
- For anyone who wants more information about the STAR credit program, here are the State’s most common Q&A.
All applications and corresponding instructions can be obtained directly through our office or online at https://tax.ny.gov/
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at any time with questions or to check on the status of your submitted application or approved exemption!